?

Log in

No account? Create an account

south_town

(no subject)

« previous entry | next entry »
Aug. 6th, 2006 | 12:54 am
posted by: fatal_shiranui in south_town

Noon. Perfect time to wander through the preserve on the outskirts of the area, not too dark. Meaning she wouldn't have to worry.

A small smile crossed over Mai's lips, taking to a tree and taking a higher route through it. Curiousity was quite evident to her, curious to see if there was anyone else about. Anyone worth her time anyway.

As if.

"Quiet." She muttered under her breath, percariously perched on a rather wobbly branch though she didn't seem to take much notice of it if at all. Carefully she'd allow her gaze to wander, making sure she was not being followed. Nothing.

At least there was nothing around yet, it probably wouldn't stay that way for long. Silence and peace never did.

((Edited because mun's an idiot and can't think at one in the morning.))

Link | Leave a comment | Share

Comments {141}

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 8th, 2006 05:21 am (UTC)
Link

"Oh indeed, not that it was a bad thing to encounter out here. Who knows what could be lurking in these woods. Wolves, or demonic birds, or others who would be willing to harm little me." A lie, perhaps, but it was amusing in her book. "Of course. Why bother doing something if it's not done well?"

Reply | Parent | Thread

Master of the Dark Hadou

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 8th, 2006 05:48 am (UTC)
Link

And now Akuma is dishing out a clearly labeled 'Bullshit' stare. "Most who would attack you would be wise to have a physician standing by. And such has always been my opinion."

Moving over to the steps of his half-constructed dwelling, he puts water over a small fire burning there. "Will you take tea?"

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 8th, 2006 05:56 am (UTC)
Link

Oh well, no matter. Was worth the stare, she should get an award for earning it. "Glad to know that. Though I think the wolves are smarter and more of a challenge." Oh no, that wasn't directed at him. Of course not.

"Mm? What kind of person would I be if I turned tea down?" And she'd move to follow after him, quite amused.

Reply | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 8th, 2006 06:12 am (UTC)
Link

"Probably so.. the greater part of humanity is shockingly weak." He never even considered it might apply to him; Akuma rarely starts fights these days. Usually, he just finishes them. One of the better parts to establishing a reputation, in fact. At this point, he's more likely to find worthy fighters by having them come to him, the more interesting of tournaments notwithstanding.

Sitting upon the steps, he decided to hasten the process and placed his huge hand over the kettle; channeling ki flames into his palm, the water boiled almost immediately and was poured into the teapot and set to steep. She might notice the same smooth finish on all the wood that was seen on the stumps..

"What brings you here, Mai?" Small talk never was his strong point, and social skills are close to nonexistence after the life he chose. Still, it seems as if he's making something of an effort.

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 01:11 am (UTC)
Link

"Aren't they. It's such a shame that people are so weak. They take no time or pride into making their bodies stronger." She lightly fiddled with her hair, quite curious to this point.

"Mm? Well, curiousity and training among other things." There was a small, supposedly innocent smile. "I can't help it, it's more peaceful around here than where I stay."

Reply | Parent | Thread

Master of the Dark Hadou

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 02:41 am (UTC)
Link

"Indeed a pity. What would the world be like if there were?" Now Akuma's smiling a little again; his dream! Worthy opponents on every street corner! Wait.. eyes are drawn to her hair-fiddling. What does it signify?

"I see.. Something I can wholly agree with, as you can imagine. What training regimen were you working on?" Tea just needed a little more time.

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 02:45 am (UTC)
Link

"It'd be a more amusing world and quite nicer as well." She stopped for a moment, letting the hair strand slip from her fingers.

"Mm? I like to keep my training a secret, gives an upperhand, somewhat anyway."

Reply | Parent | Thread

Master of the Dark Hadou

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 02:59 am (UTC)
Link

"Relying on oneself instead of technology.. for the most part, anyway." Nice idea! And apparently the hair-thing was just a reflex. Or so it seemed.

And he's slightly amused. "Mai, I have seen you fight. I know your fighting style. And I do not go about carrying tales. Still, your training. Your choice."

Tea is ready! He pours into a pair of handthrown cups, and proffers one to her.

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:09 am (UTC)
Link

"That would probably kill a lot of the people now, sadly." She sighed a bit, moving to take a seat on the stairs for the time being.

"Mmm? Oh I know, but I still like to keep my little secrets. For the most part." Oooh, yay, tea. And she takes the cup handed to her, giving a small nod.

Reply | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:17 am (UTC)
Link

"Unfortunately, that is true.." He moved aside, making room for her as the tea was passed over.

"Of course. For the most part." There is sippage.

Of course, now he won't be offering anything in return for that knowledge, but eh. Them's the breaks!

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:24 am (UTC)
Link

"Very unfortunate." Oh small talk how you were hated.

For the moment she'd take small sips, deciding it best to keep her mouth shut. This was a bit akward for some odd reason.

Reply | Parent | Thread

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:31 am (UTC)
Link

And then he drains the cup. "The upcoming tournament. Do you know if it will be another team affair?"

Best he could think of for a change of topic! Smooth, Akuma is not.

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:32 am (UTC)
Link

And therefore Akuma fails, no really.

"Hm? I can't tell you that... I'm not even sure myself." Which gets her to make a mental note to ask someone who may know. Which was probably King or Terry by now.

Reply | Parent | Thread

Master of the Dark Hadou

(no subject)

from: satsui_no_hadou
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:49 am (UTC)
Link

He WILL NOT fail! He will face his every challenge head-on! ..And probably fail, but that's not the point!

"Ah, well. No doubt we will find out in time." Hmm.. pour more tea!

"You said that your lodging lacked privacy.. in the city, I take it?"

Well yeah, unless you think she's taking a stroll every day from a town ten miles away! Car, what?

Reply | Parent | Thread

Mai Shiranui

(no subject)

from: fatal_shiranui
date: Aug. 9th, 2006 03:54 am (UTC)
Link

"Hopefully not too late." She trailed off for a moment, going back to playing with a strand of her hand.

A tiny grin was made, "Mmm? Yeah, it's rather loud and obnoxious, I admit." She couldn't help herself, a small snicker made more to herself. Oh yes, if he was paying attention this would be what normal people called flirting.

Reply | Parent | Thread | Expand